Women in STEAM
Women in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) is a unique living learning community (LLC) at UT Dallas. The goal for this program is to increase retention of female students by offering a community of peers to provide support, a team of faculty for mentorship, and co-curricular programming to reinforce professional development.
Students interested in applying for this program must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be entering their sophomore through senior year or be a graduate student.
- Major in Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication or a UTD STEM degree program.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduates and 9 hours for graduates.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Submit a complete application for consideration and two recommendations.
- Apply for on-campus housing through the Renewal or Sign Up process.
The application process is competitive. A selection committee consisting of faculty and staff will select 16 students to participate in this program. The application will open on March 1 and close on May 15. Those selected for participation in the community will be notified via their UTD email by May 20.
To apply, click here.
An application for Women in STEAM does not guarantee on-campus housing. Students wishing to secure on-campus housing must complete sign up or renewal by visiting utdallas.edu/myhousing. Students who have not previously lived on campus will be required to submit a $100 housing administrative fee, complete a housing application, and sign a housing agreement once they have been selected to participate in the Women in STEAM LLC.