Women in STEAM
What is the Women in STEAM LLC?
Women in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) is a unique living learning community (LLC) at UT Dallas. The goal for this program is to increase women in STEAM fields and majors by offering a community of peers to provide support, a team of faculty for mentorship, and co-curricular programming to reinforce professional development.
Why should you consider applying?
Students who are accepted into the program have access to:
- Professional development opportunities, including grants for conference travel
- Customized service opportunities
- Networking events
- Social gatherings
Students interested in applying for this program must meet all of the following requirements:
- Live on campus or be living on campus by fall 2020.
- Be entering their sophomore through senior year or be a graduate student.
- Major in Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication or a UTD STEM degree program.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours for undergraduates and 6 hours for graduates.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 for undergraduate students and 3.00 for graduate students.
- Submit a complete application for consideration and two recommendations.
- Apply for on-campus housing through the Renewal or Sign Up process.
The application process is competitive. Candidates will be selected based upon the quality of their application and references. The application will open on March 1 and close on May 15. Those selected for participation in the community will be notified via their UTD email by May 20.
To apply, click here.
Beginning fall 2020, Women in STEAM LLC participants can live in any on-campus UTD community. An application for Women in STEAM does not secure on-campus housing. Students wishing to secure on-campus housing must have completed sign up or renewal by visiting utdallas.edu/myhousing. The new housing application will be available on March 1, 2020.