You must register your MAC address in order to use the campus wired network. A MAC address may also be referred to as hardware address or a physical address.
Note: Internet for suites in University Village and University Commons is managed by Apogee. For assistance with networks in these buildings, please contact Apogee at 855-465-6750.
Choose an option below to get started.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig -all.
- Hit Enter.
- Take note of your Physical Address and IP Address if desired.
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to Network.
- Choose Ethernet from the options to the left.
- Take note of your IP Address if desired.
- Click Advanced.
- Go to the Hardware tab.
- The Mac Address is listed at the top.
- Open a new Shell Prompt.
- Type ifconfig -a or alternatively ip link
- Hit Enter.
- Your MAC Address will be listed as either HWaddr or eth0
Wired Non-Residential CometNet Connection
- To register your MAC address for wired campus use, please email [email protected] or create a ticket with the following information:
- MAC Address:
- Registration type – Personal or UTD Asset Number:
- Location of Machine (office/room number):
- Please be sure to enter the MAC address only as hexadecimal numbers. If your MAC address is 00:11:22:AA:BB:CC, you would enter it below as 001122AABBCC.
- MAC address registrations take approximately 24 hours to complete.
Note: It is no longer necessary to register MAC addresses for use on the wireless networks.