Fusion is available for Windows computers only.
An innovative assistive technology resource designed to benefit and empower individuals with visual impairments is available for UT Dallas students, faculty and staff. The Division of Student Affairs (SA) and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) partnered together to provide the UTD community with the Fusion assistive technology tool on campus computers as well as at-home use.
Thanks to advances in technology that have resulted in resources like Fusion, students with visual impairments are ensured a completely inclusive college classroom dynamic, and have removed many barriers to education and employment for visually impaired individuals. Fusion provides the power and speed of JAWS for screen reading functionality, coupled with ZoomText, for screen magnification and visual enhancements for screen viewing ease.
Its robust features include:
- Magnification to 60x
- Screen and cursor enhancements
- High-quality speech using Eloquence® and VocalizerTM Expressive
- Instant access to any JAWS customization already in place
In addition, Fusion also offers users familiar interfaces as well as powerful keyboard access including navigation on the web, screen tracking synchronized with speech and braille, and is compatible with TypeAbility and J-Say.
Personal Install for Windows
- Launch a web browser and navigate to www.zoomtext.com/help/product-downloads/.
- Scroll down and select Fusion 2019 from the list of products.
You will be redirected to the Freedom Scientific website.
- Select Fusion 2019.1909.11 All Languages – September 2019 and download to your computer.
- Launch the Fusion installer.
- Select Yes to allow changes.
- Check the box for I accept the license agreement.
- Select Install.
- When the installation is complete, select Close.
- Reboot your computer to finish the installation.