UT Dallas student

Contact Us

972-883-2098 Office
Please don't fax, email instead:
[email protected]

Office Hours

Office: AD 2.224
Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

Appointments are available
by request.

Testing Hours

Mon-Thrs 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Fri 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.


Mailing Address

University of Texas at Dallas
Student AccessAbility
800 W. Campbell Rd., AD 30
Richardson, TX 75080


Getting Started

Reactivation of Files and Requesting Records

The files of students who are registered for services will remain active throughout their continuous enrollment at UT Dallas. Students who leave the University will be placed on inactive status. Prior approval for accommodations does not mean that students will be automatically approved for similar accommodations when they return.

Students who return to the University after being absent for more than one long semester will be asked to meet with the director in order to reactivate their files. Students may be asked to present new documentation depending on factors such as the length of time away from the University, date of original documentation, nature of disability and the original date through which accommodations were approved. Inactive files will be stored for five years from the date they were designated as inactive.

Requesting Copies of OSA Records

All records maintained by the OSA including but not limited to medical/psychological documentation, forms to request services (both digital and hard copies), class schedules, etc. are kept strictly confidential as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  When students request services or provide any documents to our office, they are strongly encouraged to keep copies for their personal use due to the fact that our office does not distribute copies of these records beyond UTD or provide copies for students to distribute. Further, all OSA records are destroyed once the mandated retention period is reached after a student has separated from the university.  In other words, please do not ask the OSA for copies of your medical or psychological documentation. Students must request their records directly from the treating professional who originally created these records.

Back to Students